What does SEAC Engineering Inc. do?

SEAC provides product approval and turnkey engineering services for all types of products and projects. Our comprehensive one-stop solution will help you address complex engineering problems and regulatory compliance requirements.

How long does SEAC take to issue a quote?

It depends on the service you are requesting. For field approval projects, it typically takes 1 day. For engineering projects, it may take couple of days depending on the complexity of the project.

Is SEAC an accredited inspection body?

Yes, SEAC is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) as a third-party inspection body. Please refer to Accreditation in the Resources menu for details.

What is the difference between the inspection/approval services provided by SEAC and others?

There is no difference with respect to compliance requirements as long as other inspection bodies are also accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC). What separates SEAC form others is that we work as a team with the clients and give them a high quality service.

What is the process to obtain a quote?

Inspections and field approval projects: New or existing clients fill out an application form furnished by SEAC. We review the application form along with the required documents and issue a quote the next business day.
Engineering projects: The clients provide us with the project information and scope. After thoroughly reviewing all the information and requirements, we issue the quote.

How long does SEAC take to issue an inspection report?

SEAC typically issues an inspection report to the client the next business day after the inspection. SEAC also sends out a list of all non-conformances, if any, on the same day the inspection takes place on. This really helps the client make an action plan to address the issues.

Why are appliances and equipment required to be approved?

As per the regulatory requirements set forth by the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), the appliances and equipment are required to be approved by accredited bodies. This is to ensure that the products meet the minimum safety and/or performance requirements prescribed in the applicable codes and standards.

Are the inspection reports for CSA B149.3 projects P. Eng. stamped?

Yes, all the final field approval inspection reports with all non-conformances resolved are authenticated by a registered professional engineer of the province which the project belongs to. Professional Work Products (PWP) are authenticated as per the guidelines of provincial and territorial engineering licensing bodies.

What appliances fall under the scope of CSA B149.3 field approvals?

The CSA B149.3 field approvals are generally applicable to uncertified fuel-burning appliances and equipment for which there is no approved standard. Typical equipment that falls under the scope of field approvals includes but is not limited to line heater, glycol heater, oil treater, oil storage tank, flare, combustor, incinerator, once-through steam generator (OTSG), heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), heat treatment oven, drying and curing oven, process heater, thermal oil heater, hot water boiler, reformer, etc.

What is the difference between SPE-1000 field evaluation and HAZLOC field certification?

The SPE-1000 field evaluation program applies to the uncertified electrical equipment installed in unclassified/general purpose areas. The HAZLOC field certification program is applicable to the uncertified electrical equipment installed in hazardous locations.

What type of engineering projects does SEAC work on?

SEAC provides complete engineering services to its clients from a variety of industries. Few of the areas we have expertise in are oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing, automation, mining, etc.

Does SEAC provide inspection/assessment/design services for fuel-burning equipment intended for installation and operation in the US?

Yes, we do designing/assessment/inspection of fuel-burning equipment per the requirements of applicable NFPA standards.

Does equipment from out of Canada require approval/certification for installation and operation in Canada?

The equipment coming to Canada from other countries is typically not approved for the Canadian market. Depending on the application, the equipment shall be required to be approved under the SPE-1000 special inspection program or HAZLOC certification program.

Does SEAC provide engineering approvals on fuel-burning equipment per Alberta wide variance: Engineer authentication at oil and gas production facilities?

Yes, we do provide engineering approvals on fuel-burning equipment per the requirements of the latest revision of Alberta wide variance.

Our Locations

262 Cornerstone Hieghts NE Calgary, AB T3N 1R8

1 587 999 6961